Besides continuing to simplify the user interface in general, including the LifeEventNet.com homepage, we've taken some of the suggestions you've given us to make the 4-step webpage setup process even faster and easier, and still include more features:
- Improved titles and labeling for clarity.
- Fewer clicks to setup your webpage - fewer is better!
- A feature to resend invitations, for those folks who didn't get around to reading them.
- A "Copy yourself" feature for sending a copy of any invitation to yourself for later reference.
- You can now conveniently assign a co-Organizer or Recipient role to others as part of your invitation step - which gives you a head start in coordinating a Life Event.
- A new look for Update and Reminder emails that includes the Life Event banner and easier to read notices.
- A new user interface for creating custom Life Event banners, including uploading your custom images.
- Help icons with roll-over messages where you may need them most.
- Support for new video players.
- Enhancements to the Activity scheduling features.
- Ability to save and retrieve Personal Notes you add to invitation emails.
- We're compiling references to help you plan and carry out most any Life Event. If you have suggestions, please send them along!
- Life Event Homepage Editing for Organizers
Organizers- Want to change the webpage banner, add Activities to the Volunteer to Help page, or revise the welcome message? You can do these things and more by clicking on the 'Edit' link right on the Life Event Homepage next to the feature you want to edit. The 'Manage this Life Event' link to the Life Event Management page is still on the Take Action panel for many more webpage editing options.
- Change Indicators
The idea here is that each time you visit a Life Event homepage, you will be able to quickly see what has changed since your last visit. Updates, email, new photos, whatever, will be marked as new so that you don't have to look through all the various communication features to find the latest information.
- Update Emails
With this feature you will receive an email each day that lists what has changed in each of your Life Events since your last login or the last Update email, whichever was most recent. Our intention is to make it easy for you to stay informed about what is going on with all your Life Events. This feature can be turned off in your Preferences settings.
- Reminder Emails
This feature will notify you one week and again one day before each of your scheduled commitments. For example, let's say you volunteer to drive an injured friend to physical therapy at 5PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2 months. You will receive an email one week before the first instance of the Date and another 1 day before the first instance. This feature can be turned off in your Preferences settings.